THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Moments

This weekend was a busy one. We had the girls for Friday night, so we all watched the new Transformers movie, and of course all the kids fell asleep! I loved it... even more than the first one! I also made a recipe that Chris loves, for a Raw Apple Cake. His Mom used to make it, but when she died, she took the secret for the perfect recipe with her. I researched online and tried a few, and finally found one that he deemed as close as anybody is going to get. It was delicious! I'm not skilled in taking food pictures, so I will spare you there, but here is the recipe. It's a delicious dense moist cake with a slightly crunchy top. The next time I'm going to make a glaze for the top, and hopefully I will own a proper bundt pan by then.

Raw Apple Cake
4 cups grated or chopped apples
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Beat eggs. Add sugar and oil. Mix in dry ingredients and blend well. Add apples and mix thoroughly. Bake at 325 for an hour in a greased and floured bundt pan.

On Saturday I finished a craft I've meant to do for a bit. It's a Dreamcatcher kit that I bought from Amazon (one of my all-time favorite websites). I took pictures of the kit, and the finished product. I didn't pay very much, so I am ok with the fact that it is a bit kid-ish. But Isaac had a great time watching me make it.
Sunday night Chris made some delicious BBQ Chicken on the grill. It was perfectly crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. I loves me my man who makes me yummy food!
That was my weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

0 comments: