THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 24, 2009

What I Am Thankful For

This post is for a contest on Hocus Pocus , one of the many darling blogs I follow. She is asking people to blog about what they are thankful for...
So here goes...
I am thankful for everything.
I know, what a cop-out. But I really mean it. I am thankful for all the happy moments my life has held, all the wonderful people it has brought to me. I am thankful for all the trying times, and shitty people it has brought to me too; for without both, I wouldn't be the person I am today. If I hadn't experienced the deep, soul-tearing heartache of an abusive relationship, then I wouldn't truly appreciate today how wonderful, loving, and respectful Chris is to me. Oh, and I wouldn't have my beautiful adoring son either. If I hadn't been raised in a very strict, personality crushing religion, then I wouldn't now know how important it is to raise my children to be loving and respectful of all peoples, of all religions, and to give them the choices I was not given. I thank the Goddess for all the friends that I have had, for however short a time, that helped me, guided me, and simply loved me through the good times and the bad. I'm so thankful for the beautiful Moon and the strong Sun that give me balance of light and dark and teach me every day. I'm thankful for the food that so many people work so hard to produce so that my family and I can eat. And I'm especially thankful for the person somewhere in the world right now that made a decision that will touch one life, and another, and another, that will somehow touch my life eventually and help me to keep growing and living. I'm thankful for it all!

XOXO Kristina

0 comments: