THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Creative Cooking Sunday Morning

This morning I woke up craving something yummy... so I made it up...
I made a Pancetta Mascarpone Quiche.... and boy was is yummmmmy! I am an avid follower of Top Chef and Iron Chef... so Pancetta and Mascarpone are ingredients I have heard of, but never seen or worked with. I found them one day at my grocery store and thought I'd like to give it a try. And there they have sat in my fridge for a few days... Don't worry the Pancetta was vacuum sealed! I added some eggs, heavy cream, sauteed onions, nutmeg, freshly ground peppercorns, and paprika. Also a little bit of Havarti just to give it silkier texture. I must say, I was quite impressed! Here is a picture of my handiwork...
The only think I would change next time is that I chopped the pancetta fairly large because I didn't know how much it would shrink when being sauteed. Otherwise, I don't think that's bad for a day of creative cooking.
xoxoxo

10 comments:

Rue said...

Major yum. Pretty great for a Sunday morning!

Hibiscus Moon said...

That quiche looks and sounds luscious!

** Extraña Lola ** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
** Extraña Lola ** said...

Wow, gosh, that looks really tasty!!! lol wish my mom could cook sumthing like it lol.

I really liked your blog!!!

Blessings )O(

Lola

Witchy Mom's Homeschool said...

This looks quite yummy! I'll have to try it sometime

Elise said...

Hi - I loved this post ! Thank you so much & best wishes...

Bridgett said...

I'm always so impressed by folks who can just put dishes together. Creative cooking, indeed!

If I bought those ingredients, I'd be clueless. LOL But that looks so deliciously yummy.

BTW, I snagged your button. :)

)O(
boo

girlichef said...

This sounds delicious! I loooove pancetta...so salty and tasty...mmmmm! :D

mrsb said...

Oh, I love pancetta! This sounds awesome!

Lele said...

Mmm quiche might be one of my favorite foods!

I had to comment on your blog cause I'm from Spokane! But am currently on the East coast :(