THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stolen Poem

Ok I found this over at Wicca for Everyone and I had to steal it. I absolutely love it!

Butt Prints In The Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of the Goddess they were,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked Her, "What have we here?
These prints are large and round and neat,
But much too big to be from feet"

"My child," She said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You would not learn, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know,
So I got tired, I got fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life, there comes a time,
When one must fight, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand,
Or leave their butt prints in the sand."

Author - Unknown


Poem retrieved August 27, 2009 from http://www.meadowmoon.com/

This really hit me in a big way because I have fought and struggled for much of my life with my ideas about religion and god and love and forgiveness and acceptance.. . always making my own butt prints..

But since I have started on my new path... I find that I am walking along the shore myself... Finally finding fulfillment within myself and in the earth and elements. And it's damn funny too... so I hope you all enjoy it like I did!

7 comments:

Domestic Witch said...

I LOVE this!!!

mrsb said...

I've read that one before, but it never fails to make me smile when I see it!

Hoi Sum said...

No worries on the stealing the poem-I stole it from another blog first :-). Thank you for following my blog-I have added your button to my blog!
Blessings!

dustinswife said...

That poem is a total rip off. I definitely like the original better=)

Hibiscus Moon said...

I love it! Have never read it. That is so great.

girlichef said...

This is great! I'm loving your blog...just stumbled upon it over at Wanderings of a Wondering Mind... :D

Nydia said...

That's the first time I read this version, too funny... and too true! really, once we start walking our path without fear, everything comes into place, and shoulders get lighter!

Kisses from us.