THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Celebrating the Season





This year the Holiday's are turning out a little different than last year. This year we are still living with my boyfriend's brother, because I still can't find work yet. Last year we had our own place. Part of me is very sad that we can't go all out with our decorating and cheer... but I must admit part of me is loving how simple things are. We have had to be very thrifty this year, so our shopping is done, and presents are wrapped. We will be putting up our tree, but only a few days before Christmas, and even then, we weren't planning to decorate. Well, being myself, I couldn't stand a completely empty tree... so I got some pretty blueberry candy canes, and a silver star for the top of our white tree. It will be very simply, but still elegant.
I also think doing the holiday on a smaller scale will be good for me, because I am still struggling with how to incorporate the traditions of my life with the beliefs I embrace now. Because I am not focusing everything on Dec 25th... I can spend more time celebrating Yule, my first one. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to incorporate both into your celebrating? I'd love some input.
The pictures included are from last year, so you can see our lovely tree. I have to admit, the white tree wasn't my first choice, it was Chris's... but I am completely converted now!
May the Goddess bless your seasons!

10 comments:

Divaeva said...

We call our tree a Yulemas tree...
http://www.goodmourningglory.com/2009/11/coexist-by-divaeva.html

Jolean said...

it's our first yule this year too! My friends have helped us come up with a way to incorpoarate yule with Christmas, her Ex came up with the idea.. YULESTICEMAS... basically on the 21st, you have a celebration diner, and a personal ritual,and open your "yule" present.. then each day after open one other lil present, maybe a home made one, or just spend some time together, meditate, etc.. then on Christmas open the last of the gifts and have more family dinner time! hope this helps!

SpiritPhoenix said...

I'm the only one who celebrates Yule in my family. So I tend to just do a small ritual and the have either food or drink that reminds me of the season.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

Beautiful tree!!!! Happiness to you and yours...yes that photo is awesome...i will be posting all about her and where she's from...stay tunned! thanks for swingin by Cat

Julie Cornewell said...

You just made a post about Yulemas but in case you felt like doing more, I've tagged you in a game of Christmas Tag. Find instructions on how to play here http://thedomesticwitch.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-tagand-im-it.html

Hoi Sum said...

Beautiful tree and I agree with you that it helps to focus on Yule when you don' the distractions of Dec. 25th. I hope you find work soon-I will send prayers and energy your way!
Enjoy your week friend!

Blessings,
Hoi Sum

Bridgett said...

I'm still trying to figure everything out too. This is my first Yule as well.

Loved your tree last year. :)

Gypsy Trader said...

Blessed Yule, sister !!!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Before I get too busy with wrapping gifts and then our new bundle I wanted to say "Merci" for following Parisienne Farmgirl this past year. I hope to "see" you around next year!!!!
I hope you continue to share your adventures and thoughts thru the art of blogging and that you find 2010 a wonderful year.
Thank you again et Joyeux Noel!

Angela,
www.parisiennefarmgirl.blogspot.com

mrsb said...

May the coming year bring you joy, love, peace and prosperity!