THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Fall and I Feel Like Coming Home

I left a few months ago, and promised big changes to come. The changes have been taking place, slowly, very subtly, inside of me.

Let me give you a little back story to explain.

The name of this little journal/adventure log of mine is Domesticated Gypsy. My fiance is confused by this, because I am not a gypsy in his eyes. But it is not his eyes I look into every day in the mirror. It is mine. I long to see a gypsy there. But I have domesticated. I say this as though it is a bad thing, but it is not. I have my little family, in our little house, and I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. But the gypsy that is inside of me is calling out for expression. My word for this year is 'Authentic' and it couldn't be more perfect. There are parts of me, however deep inside, that are longing to be allowed out to play more often. The gypsy in me is the loudest voice, and tinkles the most bells! At the beginning of this summer, my inner gypsy was really speaking to me, but life circumstances at the time necessitated that my domesticated side be the predominant one. This is the struggle that kept me away. I have recently come to the realization that I need to express myself through my writing more often, I seem to let down my guard a little more, shake off my societal expectations a little more, and let my spirit speak instead of my mouth.
If you have noticed, I did a little changing and rearranging of my blog design. I finally made one myself instead of using a pre-made template. I will be making a new banner and blog button as well. Please come back again soon, as I have some great things planned. For you, and most especially.... for me!

4 comments:

Domesticated Gypsy said...

Seems comments were not working properly, but I hope this has fixed it.

sr9842 said...

I loved your words Kristina and I think your moving along in the journey of life most perfectly. I am there with you and love that you chose authentic as your word for the year. Brilliant!

Melissa said...

Awesome Kristina! So happy to see you writing again!

XO,
Melissa

Magic Gypsy said...

I found your blog by way of "Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom" and had to say "Hi" to a fellow gypsy. And to encourage listening to the inner gypsy - she'll take you to the most amazing places, some are fun, some can be dangerous (to your reputaion!) and some are wonderous. But mostly, enjoy the journey!