THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Perfect Protest

I hope even if you don't read my posts very often that you will stop by for this one, as I am soooo touched and inspired by the idea! From a blog I have recently found and am in LOVE with, Gypsy's Girls Guide I found out about The Perfect Protest It's an amazing and encouraging way to look at the world. You don't have to be perfect to be happy... though that is what we are supposed to believe. Stop over HERE for a video about exactly what I mean (Thanks Wild Women!!!)
Well I decided to do my own perfect protest!



I have always loved short hair, not chin length bob, but a pixie cut, dangerously short. But I am a plus size woman, and have always feared that I would look ridiculous. All the advice is that you should have very full hair to offset your body, so you don’t look like a big body with a small head. Recently I needed a drastic change, but I feared that it would be imperfect…not right. The urge would not go away, so one day I went to the salon and had it chopped! I walked away so happy that I didn’t even look to see how big the pile on the floor was, since my hair was nearly down to my waist. I haven’t thought twice about it since. I protest perfection with my life. I must be happy, and just because society dictates a certain standard doesn’t mean that works for me. Society and my big butt be damned! I feel so free to be my authentic self and I’m not looking back!

Before



Annnnnnnnnnnnnd After



Did I forget to mention that I added some bright pink streaks to it? :)
They have faded now to a light pink, and I'm sure will be gone soon, but it was fun while it lasted... and the short hair is here to stay!

I encourage you to protest against perfection! It is so freeing to let go of such a structured ideal, and just live your own life your own way!

18 comments:

Nydia said...

You look gorgeous with the new haircut! Definitely it fits yuou like a glove!

And yes... It's absurd how the media worldwide makes people feel so bad about themselves, shame on it!

We must be free to be what we fel more comfortable with!

And again, you look awemse! :)

Nydia said...

Ouch, I meant, awesome!

Claire said...

Fun post Kristina! Cool new hair!!

I'm going to be going back to dark hair soon (I'm tired of being blond). I would LOVE to put some purple streaks in my hair. I LOVE purple. My husband is all for it too which is awesome. Unfortunately, because of societal "norms" I don't think it would be a good idea for trying to get substitute teaching jobs for elementary school...
I wish there was a semi-permanent way to do it.
I went and checked out the blogger who wrote about "The Perfect Protest" and I thought it was great!! I wish I could think of a good "Perfect Protest!"

peach said...

Good for you! I am not that brave.

K(Banterings of a Basketcase) said...

I love it! I'm also not a skinny minny and want shorter hair. I've worn it short before when I was thinner- and love short cuts. I've got an appointment end of the month, so we will see- and I'm thinking red :)

Mina said...

I LOVE the short hair! Far more appealing for you.

AlphaBetsy said...

Good for you honey. I know that took nerve and how gorgeous you look!!

Domesticated Gypsy said...

Thanks to all of you for your sweet sweet words! And Peach, you said you are not that brave.... but bravery for you isn't the same as it is for me. Each of us has our own challenges, I know you specifically have been through so much, so the bravery you have inside you, is very different from mine. And sooo important all the same. Never under estimate yourself dear, for I can look at your life and say I am not brave enough to live a single day of it. But you are!
Thanks to all of you for stopping by!

MoonbeamDancer said...

I LOVE it. Just called and made an apt. for Wed. Not sure how short I will go (I have this dowager's hump thing) but I AM gonna cut it. Going for some blonde and red highlights too to cover up the gray lol (I am MUCH older than you). Thanks for the encouragement.

Jamie Burch said...

Love the look, this post, and your blog! Your blog name caught my attention from over at the link list for the Perfection Protest.

I think it's so inspiring to meet others who are living true to their authentic selves.

I just might have to come up with my own post!

Thanks for the inspiration...:)

Monica said...

your haircut is fabulous! really suits you. good on you!

vmichelle said...

A friend told me about this protest... so I'm thinking about what I want to say. I love the short hair on you. Awesome! You're making me want to go out and cut those bangs I've been thinking about but have been resisting because I think my face isn't shaped right for it.

Lille Diane said...

You totally rawk! I think you found your perfect sassified look! Ummmm... not the perfect as in the Hollywood version of perfect but the "powerful-free-to-be-me" perfect. Love the pink, the confidence in your eyes and the sassy pink!! Delish, girl~

Gypsy Trader said...

I love your transformation !

nurseannabelle said...

I love the new look!!! In the before picture, I someone who appears unsure and not as likely to speak their mind. However, with the new look I see confidence and strength (and maybe a little rebel coming out--lol)

Divaeva said...

I too am a big gal and I don't think I would have the nerve to cut all my hair off...I guess I hade behind it. However - after seeing how fantastic yours looks.... beautiful! <3 it!

julietk said...

The looks great for you, Love it.

pheonix_Dawn said...

I love it its beautiful and edgy!