THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the First Day of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

A beautiful golden mirror, so I could truly see.

My Golden Mirror

This is taken from one of my all time favorite books, from one of my all time favorite authors. Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach.

" Today, find a few minutes to get quiet and journey within. Close your eyes. Visualize a beautiful, large golden mirror surrounded by white shimmering light. This light is Love and it surrounds you, enfolds you, enwraps you, and protects you as you look into the mirror. See the reflection of an extraordinary woman. She is beautiful and radiant. She possesses a strong, healthy, vibrant aura. Her eyes are sparkling and she is smiling warmly at you. Do you know who this woman is? You feel as if you have known her all your life. And you have. She is your authentic self. Spend a few moments with her now. What is she doing? How is she doing it? Visit her as often as you life. She is waiting to help you find your way as you make the journey of self-discovery.
There are days when we all fear the harsh glare of the looking glass, but there is never a time when you should hesitate to encounter the woman in the golden mirror. She is the highest reflection of your soul, the embodiment of the perfect woman who resides within and she sends you Love to light your path."

8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

That is the perfect present! One that tells you that your true beautiful self lives in the golden mirror or your heart. I like it!

Irish Goddess said...

I think we all need something to help us know how truly beautiful we are

Yolanda Barker said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Yola
http://barkersbite.blogspot.com/

Dark Mother said...

Loving oneself isn't always easy to do, but definitely worth taking the time and effort.

p.s. I grabbed your button and would love if you'd grab mine : )

Just A Gal said...

I absolutely love this! I need to do this every day, maybe a few times a day. And maybe buy this book you're talking about. Blessed be!

Melissa said...

Hey there beautiful lady,
Have you read SBB's "Romancing the Ordinary" ?

This book is as fantastic as Simple Abundance. If you don't have it, I'd like to send you a copy for Christmas :)

XO,
M

Domesticated Gypsy said...

Melissa,
No I haven't had a chance to read it! I keep meaning to... and then life gets in the way! :)

Melissa said...

Well...I will send you a copy. I'm horrible at getting things mailed, so don't be surprised if it doesn't arrive in time for St. Paddys ;)