THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 14, 2011

Back to the Land of the Virtual Living

I've been gone. I hope I'm back. I could be wrong. The dust is starting to settle. Chris is gone. He finally moved his stuff out. I have been doing some redecorating here at home. Most of the things I have were things we had together, things that reflected his style much more than mine. I have been purging, selling, tossing, and buying, dusting, unpacking, sorting, etc. I bought a new bed and bedding set first off. Then I got rid of the furniture that his parents bought us as a wedding present.l Then I started on the kitchen. I went shopping the other day and found myself in love with a chair. I have wanted one in my bedroom for years. Somewhere to make a cozy nook to read and relax. I wasn't feeling good after a questionable lunch and too much shopping. So I plopped into a chair that I found attractive and instantly fell in love! I will take pictures as soon as I get it situated where I want it in my room. It was the perfect fit for me. Back support, cushy for my butt, arms high enough exactly where I like them. I can't rave enough about it. But no, if you come over, I will not let you sit it in. It's MINE! :)
I've been wanting to continue to the rest of the house. I've been looking online at computer desks for home because the one I have now was the one that Chris picked out for himself. It will take me time to finish it all, but every little change I make is just helping me find out more about WHO I am... authentically. See that, I used my word for the year from last year, and this year... all in one sentence! :)

I do want to find out all about WHO I am this year... and the journey has been a lot of fun so far!

4 comments:

Crazy Squirrel Lady said...

Good luck with everything.And I would take a comfy chair over a man anyday since it is more dependable and wont tell you that your butt is too big for it. ( Im not sure what that say about me though lol )

~Kristina said...

It sounds like you are well on your way to authenticating yourself. Welcome to the freedom!

Michelle said...

This is wonderful to hear! I think it's really important to make your home YOUR home, now that he is gone. Way to go, girl! You are so strong and brave, I know you will be so much happier and wiser in the end.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on taking your life in a new direction. It sounds like your making the right first steps to making you happy. the chair sounds awesome. good luck with everything!